- Zikshaa Private LTD is the information controller of the individual’s data.
- We use your personal information for the purposes set out in the “How We Use the Information” section of this Privacy Notice below, including providing our site and Services to you, ensuring the security and performance of our site, conducting research relating to Content Offerings, sharing information with our Content Providers and our suppliers, direct marketing, and performing statistical analysis of the use of our site and Services.
- You have various rights that you can exercise concerning our use of your personal information, as set out in the “Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information” section of this Privacy Notice below.
You can find information about us and how we collect, use and store your personal data in each section of this Privacy Notice:
- About Zikshaa
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information
- Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
- Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
- Questions, Suggestions and Complaints
- Changing Our Privacy Notice
- No Information from Children Under 13
Zikshaa private limited is a Private Limited company with a principal place of business at No 5 Ganesh Nagar 3rd Street Kolathur, Chennai.
Note: Personally Identifiable Information (i.e., information that can be used to identify you)(may also be referred to as “personal data” or “personal information”)
Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name, email address, IP address, and device identifier, among other things. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to us. Inaccurate information may result in prohibition from using our services and website. Furthermore, you must provide the current email address because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the website:
Use of our website. When users visit our website, we may track, collect, and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were clicked. We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our website. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Site. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
Personally Identifiable Information provided by you or third parties. We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or Services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Content Offerings or other Services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you with the specific Content Offering and/or Services you select, send you updates about Content/Course Offerings or other Zikshaa events, and send you to email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
Account Registration. If you register for an account on our website, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
Updates. Zikshaa may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the website only accessible to registered users. To subscribe to these Services, you may be asked to provide us with the Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
Identity Verification. Zikshaa may ask you the verify your identity for select Services. To enrol for these Services, you may be required to provide us or our third-party identity verification vendor with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, date of birth, a headshot was taken using a webcam, and a photo identification document. Additionally, if you apply for financial aid in connection with these Services, you may be required to provide information regarding your income.
Communications with Zikshaa. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
Third-Party Sites. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party site.
Surveys. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us or a Content Provider.
Third-Party Credit Card Processing. Zikshaa provides you with the ability to pay for Course/Content Offerings and other Services using a credit/debit card through a third party payment processing service provider. Please Policy that our service provider – not Zikshaa – collects and processes your payment information.
How We Use the Information
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt-out of at any time);
- Sending push notifications to your computer/mobile to provide updates and other relevant messages
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by Zikshaa;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. We will use industry-standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures to keep your Personally Identifiable Information confidential and secure, and will not share it with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice, or unless such disclosure is necessary in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, as permitted by applicable law.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
Zikshaa takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Zikshaa, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact [email protected] with any concerns.
Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
You have certain rights concerning your Personally Identifiable Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date, choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners, and request that we delete or provide you with a copy of your data by logging into the Site and visiting your user account page.
- If you would like further information about your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may also contact us via [email protected]
Questions, Suggestions, and Complaints
If you have any privacy-related questions, suggestions, unresolved problems, or complaints, you may contact us via [email protected]
Changing Our Privacy Notice
Please note that we review our privacy practices from time to time and that these practices are subject to change. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on our Site. We will notify you of any material change to this Privacy Notice by posting a notice on our Site’s homepage for a reasonable period following such update or by sending an email to the email address associated with your user account, and by changing the effective date (located at the top and bottom of this page). Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Privacy Notice.
No Information from Children Under 13
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that Zikshaa may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to [email protected]